Annual Gathering 2021 events
Sunflower Week on iNaturalist, Sept. 11-18
Member’s night on Zoom, September 11 at 5 pm
- Introduction of the state governing board
- Results of vote to change bylaws and update mission statement
- Instructions for Asteraceae competition on iNaturalist (Sept. 11-18)
- Highlights from chapter outings
- Research Grant awardee presentations
- Matthew Evans: 2019 awardee. Assessment of Vernal Pool Seedbanks
- Lauren Lynch: 2019 awardee. Effects of Pollinator Gardens on Native Bees on an Urban-Rural Gradient
- Jesse Smith: 2019 awardee. Tallgrass vs. Hill Prairies: Floral Traits and Habitat Size Influence Pollinator Diversity
- Anthony Gibson: 2020 awardee. Floristic Survey of the Joliet Junior College Main Campus
- Karen Glennemeier, with Sai Ramakrishna (representing Stephen Packard, 2020 awardee, as project consultant and project volunteer, respectively): Control of Solidago altissima in Open Oak Woodlands
Keynote presentations on Zoom, September 16 at 7 pm
Dr. Brenda Molano-Flores, Illinois Natural History Survey:
It’s getting hot in here: how will IL plants respond to climate change?
Dr. Tom Simpson, McHenry County Conservation District:
Three Decades of the Phenology Research Program, McHenry County Conservation District
Dr. David Zaya, Illinois Natural History Survey and Dr. Carol Augspurger, University of Illinois
Phenological shifts over 25 years in herbaceous forest plants in an Illinois remnant
Check with your local chapter for in-person events happening between Sept. 11-18!
Registration for Annual Gathering Zoom Meetings
There will be two Zoom meetings instead of an in-person gathering this year. Use this form to register for both of them, even if you will only be participating in one.